Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fun, free and local!

I have just been to an event at the new(ish) book shop at the end of my street, Crow Books
It was great - very well run the wine was from Margaret River - and went down well, however the two women who were serving it up packed up early and were a tad unhappy about giving me and my friend a free wine - we had to ask nicely both times! ... ....hmmmm

The book reading was great! Kim Scott's "That Deadman Dance" was interesting to hear about - from its early influences and conceptualisation. As a bonus the author is a bit of a showman! Yes ! An author that i think maybe excellent guest speaker material! Scott was enjoyable to listen to,  intelligently intellectual without being pompous and a solid reader of his own book.



So thanks  - Writing WA for a great night out !
I am looking forward to the next event !



No comments:

Post a Comment